What is GearSync?
GearSync is a computer application that allows your Humana Gear Pedometer to send data to Humana. It's free to download and will automatically run when you turn on your computer.
How do I Install GearSync?Click "Free Download" and follow the instructions.
I plugged in the pedometer after I downloaded GearSync, but nothing happens. What should I do?
Try disconnecting your pedometer from the USB port and plugging it back in. Check that the plastic battery tab is removed and the pedometer's LCD display is working. Finally, try a different USB port on your computer.
I already have GearSync; do I really need to download it again?
Maybe. You'll need the most up to date software to connect your pedometer to the website. Upgrading is easy. Just plug your Humana Gear Pedometer into your computer and it will automatically send you to the upgrade page. If this doesn't occur, you can Click Here to install the latest version.
How do I upload my steps on a computer other than the one I used to register my pedometer?Click "Free Download" and install GearSync on the desired computer.
Once GearSync is downloaded & installed, plug in the pedometer to upload your steps.
Can I use my pedometer with my Apple Macintosh computer?
Yes. The Humana Gear Pedometer is designed to work with both the Windows-based PCs and Apple Macintosh. See below for system requirements.
- Mac, IBM® or compatible PC
- OS 10.6, OS 10.7, Windows® XP, Vista, Windows® 7
- USB 1.1 or greater
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 7 and above, Safari –(or compatible browser)
- Internet connection
Does it hurt my Humana Gear Pedometer to keep it connected to my computer with the USB cord?
Yes. You should only connect your pedometer to upload your steps to Humana fit. When your upload is complete, unplug the pedometer. Leaving the Pedometer connected to your computer can drain electricity from the pedometer and reduce the life of the battery.
Why has my pedometer stopped counting steps?
It's important to regularly upload the data from your pedometer to the website. If you don't regularly upload your steps, the pedometer memory will become too full and stop recording. If you notice that the LCD display has stopped counting your steps, it's a warning that the memory is nearly full and you should upload the current data as soon as possible. It is suggested you upload your pedometer at least every seven to fourteen days.
Why aren't my steps accurate?
The pedometer detects your hip movement when you walk, so it must be positioned correctly. It needs to be tight against your body and vertically lined up with your knee when standing. If you're wearing it at the waist, please make sure it's located between your navel and hip and that it isn't slanted forward or tilted. Here's how to check that you're wearing your pedometer properly:
- Note how many steps your pedometer currently displays on its LCD screen
- Walking normally, take 25 steps and then stop
- Check that your pedometer has added at least 25 steps. There could be more than 25. Just stopping and removing the pedometer may increase the number of steps.
- If the pedometer didn't add at least 25 steps, try moving it either towards your navel or your hip. Then repeat first three steps above.
Why is my pedometer LCD display faint? It appears to be broken.
The pedometer battery may be weakening. If your pedometer battery is more than 6-10 months old – depending on usage – you may need to replace the CR2032 battery.
- Remove the round blue battery cover using a small screwdriver or fingernail. Slide the bar holding the battery aside.
- Now you can remove the battery and replace it with the new one. Slide the holding bar back in place.
- Be sure the "+" side of the battery faces up. Otherwise the pedometer will not function.